September 30, 2020
Nominations Due October 29 for Citizens Bank Achievement Award
Nominations are being accepted for the 2020 Citizens Bank Achievement Award. Nominations should be made in writing. Please include a detailed statement setting forth the reasons why you are recommending the nominee for this Award and any other information you feel is relevant.
The criteria for the award are:
- Significant accomplishments in improving the administration of justice (preferably in Philadelphia);
- The absence of prior recognition for this work by the Philadelphia Bar Association as a whole;
- Distinguished service consistently rendered over a sustained period of time or a single outstanding achievement in a particular year (The fact that this service or single achievement may have occurred some years ago is not material so long as it has not been recognized);
- The accomplishment must arise from voluntary activities rather than service rendered for compensation;
- It is preferred that the recipient be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association; and
- The recipient must not now be in public office or directly involved with court operations.
The deadline for nominations is Thursday, October 29, 2020