September 24, 2008
Nominations Sought for 2008 Wachovia Fidelity Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the Philadelphia Bar Association's 2008 Wachovia Fidelity Award. Nominations should be made in writing. Please include a detailed statement setting forth information and reasons why you are recommending the nominee for this award. The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5 p.m. on Monday, November 3rd, 2008
Nominations should be sent to Tracey McCloskey, Philadelphia Bar Association, c/o Fidelity Award Committee, 1101 Market Street, 11th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
The criteria for the award are:
1. Significant accomplishments in improving the administration of justice (preferably in Philadelphia);
2. The absence of prior recognition for this work by the Philadelphia Bar Association;
3. Distinguished service consistently rendered over a considerable period of time or a single outstanding achievement in a particular year. (The fact that this single achievement may have occurred some years ago in not material so long as it has not been recognized.);
4. The accomplishment must arise from voluntary activities rather than for service rendered as a paid professional; and
5. It is preferred that the recipient be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association not now in public office or directly involved with the court operations or any other public service activity.
# # #